Dr. Splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

handss

Oct 29, 2006
I am considering buying the Dr. dual action 10 ton electric splitter. Does anyone own one? How do you like it? Thanks Dennis Hershey

Sorry you haven't seen any experience based inputs. A 10 ton electric sounds great, what does it cost? Is it hydrolic, that is the motor drives a pump, not a gear driven screw or the like?

I am consider just a simple 5 ton from Home Depot (one source) at about $300. I split no more than a half cord year and have been using a maul and manual hyrolic splitter.

The only thing I did not like about that DR electric model was the max log length. My boiler takes wood up to 26" so I was looking for an electric that would get me at least 24". They are tough to come by. The DR 10 ton looks very nice and the price is right.

I found this one though. This 20 ton will split up to 26". Just wonder if it is heavy duty enough? Should be for what I split.

http://www.ramsplitter.com/

Just click on the link for electric splitters.

Status
Not open for further replies.