Drive links?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

backpack09

Minister of Fire
Sep 10, 2007
Rochester, Mass
My little 18" Husky 142 calls for a 62 drive link chain.

I cannot find a semi-chisel replacement for the life of me running 62 links. Would I be able to run a 60 link chain? or must I resolve myself to safety chains till I buy a bigger saw?

Dan

Backpack09 said:

I cannot find a semi-chisel replacement for the life of me running 62 links. Would I be able to run a 60 link chain? or must I resolve myself to safety chains till I buy a bigger saw?

Dan

what size 3/8 or .325

a good local saw shop will spin them from reels of bulk chain. 3/8 x .050 is about THE most common chain. sold by the miles.

I make up that size chain all the time in my shop from a 100 ft. spool but I would recomend a full chisel chain ........

Backpack09 said:

Dan

Oregon dealer should have them.

http://www.oregonchain.com/pro/lookups/selguide.aspx?BusId=OCS&SellReg=USA&LangId=ENG

91VX062G LOW PROFILE™ SEMI CHISEL CHAIN (91VX) 62 3/8 .050

91VXL062G CHAIN, SEMI CHISEL 3/8 LONG TOP 62 3/8 .050

Status
Not open for further replies.