Droid X problems..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMMA RAY

Minister of Fire
Jan 16, 2011
PA.
I have been having problems viewing vids posted here on the site. I think the problem started after I cleared history and cache on the phone.

When I click on the thread SOTW, all the videos show up as white boxes with a green down arrow in the middle.

When I click on the arrow, it becomes a black box and if I click on it, sometimes it will play and sometimes not.:mad: Sometimes after it starts to play, it freezes up and kicks me outta the site.

I can go to youtube directly and view videos no problem.
I also noticed some ads show up here as the white box with the green arrow.

I thought maybe some of you Droid users might have some insight.

I don't want to go the local Verizon store because uh, I can't really discuss why here... confused0009.gif

Go to settings, applications, manage applications, browser, and then clear data. Then do a force stop and open the browser back up.

This WILL whack all your bookmarks and stuff...so be advised. No promises, but it has helped me out before.

Go to settings, applications, manage applications, browser, and then clear data. Then do a force stop and open the browser back up.

This WILL whack all your bookmarks and stuff...so be advised. No promises, but it has helped me out before.

Holy crap it worked! I swear I tried that before and had no luck. I see the bookmarks were wiped out no biggie because I did not have a lot of them. Everything else seems to be ok though.
I wonder why that happened. Maybe a glitch in the Droids?

Thanks Luke...hug1-smiley.gif

Cell phones today are like computers in the late 90's early 00's they need an occasional reboot and they work fine. Seems like i have to reboot my andriod every 3-5 days depending on usage

Did you ever find out how to get all the smileys on your Droid, as you see on a PC or lapto?

My phone also sees the white boxes with green arrows. But always turn into the black play box when tapped (then play).

No Dex....can't do the forum smilies unless I know the key configuration....I usually use my own smilies...
Wonder when Webbie is gonna do the Tapytalk thingy....downloadfile-2.gif

You need to step up light years to the next generation phone . . .

Hah! That brings back memories of carrying one of those things home for the night every time I was the "on-call duty guy" back in 1989-1992. We called it the Brick, of course. My how things change.

Yuk, celly phones, do not own one, don't want one.

Had enough of those, pagers, and regular phones to last me forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.