drolet eco-65...tell me about ? duct systeme yes or no?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mathaliet

Oct 13, 2011
mirabel, qc
hi, i will probably buy a drolet eco-65...someone have problem with? it seems that many have had problems with smoke? We have a house with around 2500-3000 ft/s on two floor. We want to reduce the cost of using heating oil...so we would like to connect it to the duct system of our oil furnace: do you think it's possible? the duct have many exit...about...ten. Is it too much? can we use the same chimney that our oil furnace? sorry for my english...I'm a french speaker but i am trying to learn. Thanks !!

Welcome mathaliet, I think your english is pretty good! :)

Member fyrebug works for the company so hopefully he comes in with some stove info for you.

j-takeman said:
Welcome mathaliet, I think your english is pretty good! :)

Member fyrebug works for the company so hopefully he comes in with some stove info for you.

Yep. Send fyrebug a PM on the Forum board. He is quite the educated man. I missed the opportunity to meet the man and play with the stove (believe its the same as the Enerzone Eurozone)..

He is a mass of info. That unit has 2 seperate blowers for combustion.. Has a combustion blower. (Before air hits burn pot /slightly lower pressure than exhaust) and an exhaust blower that pulls it through the system..

Hello

Welcome to the forum.

That is a very interesting stove! Looks like you picked a good one!
http://www.drolet.ca/en/products/pellet/eco-65-pellet-stove

I really like the optional Ducting Kit! There are some heated discussions here about that, but with this nice option there is no jury rigging!

Attachments

• ECO-65WoodPelletDuctKit.jpg
    ECO-65WoodPelletDuctKit.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 559
Been using the drolet eco-45 for a couple years now. I'd give it thumbs up,very durable stove, few issues with it. The eco-65 can probably burn a lot of pellets , if you want it to, since it is bigger. You should be expecting that.

Status
Not open for further replies.