Drolet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemlock

Feeling the Heat
May 6, 2009
east coast canada
Hello,
There is someone selling a next-to-new Drolet eco-35 nearby. Does anybody have any experience with this company or stove? Thanks.

I sell the SBI line which all comes from the same company. SBI makes some great stoves, but their Bio-35 has been a little problematic as far as we're concerned. Not sure how Canadian Pesos work, but in US Dollars, I would say a used 35 would be worth about $600-800. If it was me, I'd try to look for something different. (Disclaimer, I am a very happy SBI dealer, excellent service, excellent products, just that little stove is a PITA. May be why the discontinued the Bio35 from the SBI line)

Franks said:
I sell the SBI line which all comes from the same company. SBI makes some great stoves, but their Bio-35 has been a little problematic as far as we're concerned. Not sure how Canadian Pesos work, but in US Dollars, I would say a used 35 would be worth about $600-800. If it was me, I'd try to look for something different. (Disclaimer, I am a very happy SBI dealer, excellent service, excellent products, just that little stove is a PITA. May be why the discontinued the Bio35 from the SBI line)

It seems the electronics on these stoves can be a problem. I had been looking at the Enviro mini, and was searching the classifieds and came across the Drolet. They are asking $1800 for it, and from what you say that may be quite overpriced for a used one. Thanks for the advice.

Hemlock, seeing how your from the east coast(as I), my 2 cents worth....Drolet has a great warranty and THAT means a lot when she's broke down.The parts are in Quebec where they make them and will have new parts on your doorstep the next day if needed-no hassle once you understand how that works and how to submit a claim. My eco-45 has been a pretty good soldier and I'm pointing my neighbor towards the eco-65 to heat his whole house 24/7 since that stove comes with a furnace hook-in kit. Damn smart unless pellets hit the roof.

The 45 and the 65 are great, just that little one...well. Plus the price, I could sell you a brand new one cheaper than that used one.

j-takeman said:
pete324rocket said:
unless pellets hit the roof.

Its not looking all that great for the near future, But compared to what there asking for oil?????

Right, if pellets hit 300 bucks a ton and oil/kero stays at $4.00+ per gallon, pellets are still a smart move. The issue was last time, pellets went thru the roof and oil tanked (see what I did there?) causing the folks here to just turn the oil furnace on and regret their purchases.

3 years later, folks smart enough to buy $225 per ton pellets are very happy with their 2008 panic purchases of a stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.