Dry wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrowningBAR

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
San Tan Valley, AZ
Never gets old.

Webmaster said:
Are you trying to get your post count up?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nope. Just enjoying the easy stove lighting.

Webmaster said:
Are you trying to get your post count up?

HAHAHAHA.:)

BrowningBAR said:
Never gets old.

and once you get a taste for it, you are ruined forever.

Dry wood hasn't gotten old for me yet; This is the first year I've had any. :lol:

Nothin like good wood....to keep the pipe clean and the body warm..... :)
Just sayin...
Last year we started out burning some good dry wood that had been c/s/s for years. The wood was for our fireplace but we really only burned it on holidays, so we had a good amount. We burned that wood first and then we ran out. The stuff we burned after that was not so good. I will not go through that again dammit. We were lucky enough to buy some good dry wood through a friend after that.
I really don't think some folks know how wonderful it is to burn with dry wood....makes a world of difference.....
It's one of those things that "you don't know till you try it"... :)

Funny, though, how some will tell you that 19.5% MC is optimum. Wherever that's pulled out of. (Some stove mfgs recommend half that.)

What's really enjoyable, here, is to have some splits down near 0%, after weeks stacked near the stove. Can spoil you in so many ways- bring it.

GAMMA RAY said:

I thought I was at the wrong site for a second. ;-P But, so true. You can NEVER know what youre missing, until you have some truly dry hardwood. And then - forget it - you will do ANYTHING to never go back to what you used to think was "good enough".

GAMMA RAY said:

That belongs in someone's sig line.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.