Ducting a Pelpro Pellet stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH

Attachments

• PelproDuctwork.jpg
    PelproDuctwork.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 262
That stove was on sale at Menards for $1,000 last year. I almost bought it instead of my Fahrenheit.

I wouldn't pay nowhere near $1,800 for that. That kind of money buys a brand spanking new PS-50, CAB-50, a couple Englanders (all factory refurb models) and only $200 away from a Santa Fe.

No thanks. Looks like you have to lay on your stomach to clean the firebox and its on bricks in that pic Imagine if it were just on a standard tile hearth.

DexterDay said:
That stove was on sale at Menards for $1,000 last year. I almost bought it instead of my Fahrenheit.

I wouldn't pay nowhere near $1,800 for that. That kind of money buys a brand spanking new PS-50, CAB-50, a couple Englanders (all factory refurb models) and only $200 away from a Santa Fe.

No thanks. Looks like you have to lay on your stomach to clean the firebox and its on bricks in that pic Imagine if it were just on a standard tile hearth.

The quadrafire is much better built. I did really like the Pelpro Bay View I rebuilt but those electronic control boards are real sensitive to power surges and shorting out with a screwdriver!! They should learn from Quadrafire and cover the back of the control panel with a metal box with a good ground!!

However the 265 CFM blower is probably good for all that ductwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.