Dun got me a log splitter!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wldm09

Mar 16, 2009
Northwoods, WI
I have been to Fleet Farm every month for the last 10 looking at this splitter. Even borrowed a friends to make sure I liked it. Finally picked it up today. Normally sells for $1099. On sale for $999. The day you open up a Fleet Farm account you get 10% off everything you purchase. Makes the final price $899! :coolsmile:

Attachments

• Speeco 22T with B&S 65.jpg
    Speeco 22T with B&S 65.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 680
That is a great price! Very nice looking unit. Now go get that thing dirty and post more pics!

You will like the splitter, I have its little brother and it makes quick work of the 20" and under logs I'm cutting. Only the gnarliest crotches slow it down

Congrats on the purchase. I just purchased the same splitter for the same price on Wednesday...and I'm in love. Splitting Elm by hand is not fun! This should make my life a lot easier!

Excellent price...and getting our splitter was just as big a day as getting married was. Take care of it and it will server you well, congratulations.

Picked up my new horizontal/vertical splitter last Monday. On Tuesday, working alone, I started splitting smaller rounds of the 50 year old, 36" diameter ash we felled in my front yard about 4 months ago. Finished all the horizontal splitting yesterday and today will start vertical splitting of the larger rounds which cannot be lifted by hand.

We all take great pleasure in working with hand and power tools which are user friendly and perform their intended tasks with great efficiency and reliability. The new splitter has introduced added pleasure, relaxation and productivity to my life. It is well worth every cent of the cost.

It seems a few of us recently purchased new splitters. I hope all of you enjoy yours as much as I do, mine.

Best wishes,

John_M

How profound. If it makes that much of an impression splitting Ash, wait until you get into some gnarly Yellow Birch or stringy Elm. I really like splitting Ash cuz it's so easy. I bought my splitter the year my Ash firewood supplier failed to deliver and I had to get Birch. Another time I got a bunch of Elm and was very thankful for the splitter. The last two years I got my favorite Ash and almost feel guilty firing up the splitter.

Almost? Nah, it's a dream to split and with a bum shoulder, I'm thankful to have it.

Congrats, I bought mine 3 or 4 years ago and I think I did the same deal, it was 929.xx out the door with the fluid! Watch out elm!!!

DUDE!!!!
Sweeeet
You are gonna love it, congrats!!
Now see how much faster the splits pile up.
You won't know what to do with all the free time your gonna have :lol:

Does it have the 6.5 B & S?

I bought one for $1199 Cdn at TSC last Xmas. It's been nothing but a pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.