Dutchwest FA264 #2183 EPA and comments?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Caste

Sep 15, 2008
Northern NV
Since giving up the insert in a prefab fireplace idea, I've been searching for a used stove now to supplement heating. Gonna take a look at this stove in a few days at $300 (includes tripple wall pipe). Looking at the 6/24/08 EPA certified list, it shows:
C.D. Lg. Fed. Convection Heater FA264CCL, FA264CCR Catalytic 1.6 72 % 6600-26700 and
FA264 Catalytic 2.2 72 % 9500-31700 as being approved.
Is the early 1990s stove these EPA certified models or is their list referencing a newer model? My county requires installs to meet EPA and mfr standards. Seller indicates that this was in his weekend mtn house- got very little use and in very good condition. Asked him about the cat element condition, he didn't even know what to look for (not that I do either). What say ye on this model- for a nube?
Thanks
Quinn

Status
Not open for further replies.