DVT44 flame much smaller than when we last used it

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TeriJ

Feb 12, 2011
PA
We actually have two 5-year-old Majestic DVT44 direct vent natural gas fireplaces in the house. The last time we used them last winter they worked fine.

Now, one has very small flames. And the pilot area on both seems to be making a much bigger flame than I remember while the fireplace is working.

Does anyone have a DVT44 or DVT 38? I was wondering if someone could take a picture of the pilot to give me something to compare to. And does anyone have any idea why the flame on one would suddenly be so much smaller? No settings have changed. And we tried to let it burn for a while to see if anything would change, but it didn't.

Thanks to anyone who can make a suggestion.

Pull the burner tube/pan & clean out behind the burner orifice.
Sounds like like a spider might've gotten in there & done its thing...

We used compressed air to blow things out. Do we need to do it with water?

Thanks again.

Do NOT USE water. Compressed air SHOULD work, but those spider nests
are very tenacious & usually hafta be cleared with a pipe cleaner or a Q-tip...

Status
Not open for further replies.