e classic 2300 fire bricks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gapperpolice

Jul 21, 2008
northeast
Hello when loading my e classic I noticed that some of the side fire bricks were loose, Contacted CB they advised me to just remove all of them and that the new ones are being shipped without them. I removed all of them.

I just had to fix my brick this week also. It had built up enough creosoot behind the fire brick to push them out. It was due for a cleaning anyways so I pulled them all out and cleaned out the creosoot and reinstalled them.

No it was just creosoot that had built up back there. I wire brushed it right back down to the bare metal as a precaution but there wasnt any corrosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.