E-Classic Install - half the controller does't light up.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm installing my E-Classic dual fuel boiler and half the controller doesn't light up. The LED display lights up, I can switch from gas backup to gas only, but the wood ignition button never lights, nor does the wood auto relight.

In addition, if the door is open there is never a "do" indicator as the manual says there should be.

None of which would be a huge issue, except the fan doesn't run, so the boiler doesn't work.

I have good power to the unit itself, the circulating pump is working fine and, as I said, roughly half the controls on the FireStar controller seem to work.

I have a call in to my dealer - my theory is a factory problem, but I'm also willing to entertain the thought that I'm just doing any number of things wrong.

Mystery solved, I think. The guys who sold me the stove were here bright and early and after checking almost every piece of wire on the stove found that the low water level sensor was bad right from the factory. Now everything's working fine.

great. Let us know how things go with it once you are up and running. I had issues with my controller also but once it was solve it has been running fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.