E-classic owners...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ken999

Jan 3, 2009
Southern Adirondacks
...What size concrete slab would you pour??...

I'm leaning towards a 12' x 12' with the stove off center giving me 4' or so to clean the reaction chamber out. I should wind up with 2' behind the stove for cleaning also.

Sound like enough?

can't help with the Eclassic, I have M-175, poured my own pad at the exact dimensions given in the flyer from CB, now I have to stand in the mud to clean and feed my stove. I planned to pour or lay a "patio" around the stove this past summer, but due to rain and not very warm it didn't happen. So give at least 2 feet for the door access and any other area you will go to daily or weekly. What you wrote sounds good.
There don't seem to be many Eclassic users on here, I have found a bunch that are active on the forestry forum in the alternative methods room. Of course those guys may make you jealous, one has a huge shed built around the stove.

Great sigh of relief that I was able to install the Tarm indoors. Temps here now are 30's night and 50's day, and having one 4 hr firing every 3 days. Also getting bids on a new shop, 32 x 48 x 14H sidewalls. This one will have in-floor radiant, so for next heating season the Tarm will be relocated to her new home.

Lots of mess out of the front, some from the side. Dirt has been OK with me around the standard base as nature takes in the mess pretty well. Some block around the front and side would be nice - that the rain could wash the ash through the cracks, would be my second pick. More concrete is probably OK too.

Status
Not open for further replies.