Eagle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods

Attachments

• 100_4769.jpg
    100_4769.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 356
  • 100_4770.jpg
    100_4770.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 365
Wow zap, nice closeups.
We see Eagles around quite often, but I haven't gotten any pics that close and never seem to have a decent camera with me when they show up.
So, you're cutting for 2027 now, right? :cheese:

Great pics zap...

No Papa....he's cutting for 2032....check your math! :lol: :lol: :p

My wife has seen the Eagle about five times this winter, this was my second, the first time he was eating some deer that a coyote took down, never did have time to get the camera for a pic.

On the wood, five years ahead on the hardwood with our softwood supply goal of two years ahead about one month away.

zap

Awesome Zap - how close are you to open water - he's not using your stream is he? Cheers!

NH_Wood said:
Awesome Zap - how close are you to open water - he's not using your stream is he? Cheers!

He's sitting in a dead tree looking down on the brook, the river is about 1/4 of a mile from that spot. Last fall we saw him over the river weekly.

Pete I was hoping it came out,when I made it home that was the first pic we looked at. I'm just wondering what area the nest is in.

zap

zapny said:
NH_Wood said:

He's sitting in a dead tree looking down on the brook, the river is about 1/4 of a mile from that spot. Last fall we saw him over the river weekly.

Pete I was hoping it came out,when I made it home that was the first pic we looked at. I'm just wondering what area the nest is in.

zap

What? Theres a dead tree left on the land that you haven't dropped yet???

That is nice zap. We have a few of them here but don't see them very often. I'll never forget the day I was looking out the south window though and saw one land in our yard.

Gary_602z said:
We are starting to see more of them over here in west Michigan. I have to find a good recipe for them! :)

Gary

That's just wrong... PM me, I will hit you with a killer beer can Eagle recipe!! LOL

Wow zap, nice closeups.
We see Eagles around quite often, but I haven't gotten any pics that close and never seem to have a decent camera with me when they show up.
So, you're cutting for 2027 now, right? :cheese:
100_4769.JPG
100_4770.JPG

Reactions: LEES WOOD-CO
Status
Not open for further replies.