Earbuds that reduce/cancel noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkxingu

Minister of Fire
Jun 3, 2007
S.NH
Hi All,
I have taken to wearing earplugs for everything I do now (from mowing to chainsawing, splitting, and even using my saws/Dremel), so I'd like to pick up some earbuds that sound good and reduce noise. I think I want to stay away from 'noise canceling' versions for price & weight/size.

Suggestions?

S

I've been using these since the early '80s.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/HOWARD-LEIGHT-EARPLUG-WITHOUT-CORD-3LCA2?Pid=search

I used to work security in a rock concert house. Often right up against the stage forming a human chain with the other of my group which held back the crowds durring the likes of Todd Rudgren/Pretenders/Warren Zevon finalies (pirotecnics, blasting loud speakers, etc). They work great!

Then I had three kids. Worked great then too.

Worse thing that ever happened was after waking up from a dream where I was eating very juicy shrimp, I found a chewed up ear plug on the pillow next to my head.

I use the helmet when felling or working in the trees, but for splitting and bucking I only wear earphones and glasses. Thanks for the recommendation on the plugs, but those don't play music!

S

Status
Not open for further replies.