Early Fisher?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Osage

Feeling the Heat
Nov 3, 2011
kansas
Could this be an early Fisher? 00I0I_67XiOmtMu33_600x450.jpg 00I0I_ew7h2kDBRjO_600x450.jpg00y0y_66fLvvBkQaA_1200x900.jpg

Not sure, but it is interesting. @coaly is our resident expert on Fisher stoves.

What are the dimensions of the stove? Do you know the stove's history, where it came from?

Last edited:
Not sure, but it is interesting. @coaly is our resident expert on Fisher stoves.

What are the dimensions of the stove? Do you know the stove's history, where it came from?
Don't know the dimensions. It's on Wichita Ks. Craigslist.

Reactions: Todd67
I agree with bholler, it doesn't look like an early Fisher.

The problem with identifying an early Fisher Stove with the plate steel doors is the simple fact that they aren't marked. A good welder could fabricate a pretty close copy of an original.

This is the earliest Fisher Stove that I've seen, it has the cast iron door, before he applied for a patent on his stove.
IMG_20191112_223519.jpg

No, it is homemade with late Fisher air dampers. (they are the only Fisher part on the stove) The intake bolts are backwards with heads inside. They should be outside to prevent knobs from coming off, and double nutted to door.
The hinge plates are straight facing forward, not angled.
No ash fender, (yikes) and top overhang with sharp corners would never pass testing criteria.
Notice the early stoves had a 3 piece top with the step only as wide as the stove body with no overhang when bent making a one piece top.
Door handle not Fisher. The early were long and straight like that, but bent inside, not welded. They were shortened over time and later were bent facing forward at the spring handle end.

I'll give them credit for building a nice door. That could be what the first steel doors would have looked like on the prototypes.

Reactions: CamFan and Todd67