Early signs Autum is on the way.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

save$

Minister of Fire
Sep 22, 2008
Chelsea Maine
Drove up near the Canadian border today. Saw a few red trees. Seems early for this. Heating season may be nearby!

Attachments

• aug 269 (800x600).jpg
    aug 269 (800x600).jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 350
The chestnut trees in my yard have already started dropping leaves. They are always earlier than everything else, but it does feel earlier than last year.

Come on down to Georgia if you want to save pellets. 97 degrees for the next 5 days! My trees are dying in the woods out back from lack of rain. Looks like I'll have some wood for my son's fireplace and my cook stove next winter.

They are all starting to change here as well, though all turn ugly yellow and that's it. I miss fall in Maine. (grew up there). Will have snow here in just a month or two.

High of 58* today, if it gets into the 60s anymore it will be really pushing it.

I can't wait for the cool air of fall. I'm sick of this humidity.

I hope I can have this stove in place before I need heat!

thedude110 said:
I can't wait for the cool air of fall. I'm sick of this humidity.

I hope I can have this stove in place before I need heat!

Fall air vs Humidity, I'll take the Fall air!
There is at least one tree in our neighborhood that has leaves falling.
Seems early to me also.

A few trees here are turning as well ..

Well -

There's no sign of fall here yet. We've gotten a lot of rain in the past week or so, so I'm not expecting changing leaves anytime soon. Also, July was much hotter than August. It's only been in the mid 70's - but I'm not complaining!

EarlyMan

Here on the west coast it's been a very cool summer. It makes me a little nervous because if this continues into fall it could be a very early winter. Last winter was was bad so I'm not ready for a repeat, but at least I have lots of wood split and stacked thanks to last winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.