Earth Stove 100: too much for a cabin? Newbie could use advice!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cscmc1

Jan 13, 2012
Central IL
Hi folks -- I have a nice old Earth Stove 100 series and would like to build a small pine cabin on some rural property my father owns. The cabin will only be about 10' x 10', and I know this Earth Stove will be overkill for such a structure, but with an outside air inlet, running it at low temperature, would this be safe (if properly installed)? Any thoughts? This'll be a rustic cabin w/o electricity or water, so the only other reasonable heat source might be a kerosene heater or similar. I'd sure love to stick with curing hardwood, though, and the stove is in nice shape overall. Hate to let it just sit...

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated. I suppose if it's safe but just a bit on the "hot" side, I could always sleep with a window cracked. 8^)

Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.