Earth4Energy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
has any one bought Earth4Energy guide on solar panels? I have researched with many positives and many scams. I really want to get solar panels or wind turbines. Definitely can't afford to buy outright. So looking for guides to make them cheaply and hooking them up. Any help, ideas etc.. you can pass on..

If you want to build something, the solar hot water is the way to go. Very reliable and can be easily used for how water needs and/or space heating. Low initial investment. This site http://www.builditsolar.com as some good plans. I am considering the copper tube hot water with double polycarbonite glazing. It is hard (impossible?) to build your own silicone wafers for PV electric. You can possibly scrounge panels but there is a lot of essential equipment costs (inverters, batteries, etc.). I know people do make there own wind turbines but there are a lot of stresses involved. I have two Air403 turbines and they are pretty good. You do need good clean(clear) wind of moderate velocity (>10MPH) to make sense. My priority orde would be solar how water, PV system, then wind unless you are in an unusually wind rich environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.