Easy heat pellets........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewer

Dec 17, 2011
West central ohio
Hello all and merry Christmas.
I am new pellet heating.
This site has been a great wealth of information.
Wondering if anyone else has had much experience with these pellets.
Any info would be helpful.
Thanks!

New Pellet Mill in South Charleston Ohio.

Pellet Length is inconsistent (to the longer side).

Definitely not the best pellet out there. But its not the Worst in Ohio either (Penningtons Natures Heat) Always try a couple bags before you buy. To see if your stove will like them.

What type of stove do you have? You can add it to your Signature line. Click on "Your Control Panel" at the top of the page, then on he left you'll see Edit Signature.

What brands do you have available locally? Price and distance may play a little part on your pellet purchases.

Welcome to the Forum's.....

Thanks dex,
I saw where you had a stash of them.
I had ordered 2 tons when I got the 6039. ( wish I knew then what I know now'........hindsight 20/20)
Dealer sold me a few bags to try until the order came in.....4 to 5 wks later.
They seemed ok, but outside temps wern't real cold yet.
Got the delivery and auger jammed twice last Sunday, built a sifter, averaging 8 Oz. Of fines per bag throu 1/4" screen.
Just wondering if that was normal before I called manufacturer to complain.
The fines and sifting don't bother me, as I have read posts here about foreign objects........and I just throw the fines in through the door occasionally.
They don't burn real hot unless I jack up the draft/feed rates on my stove.......prestos and somersets burned a lot hotter at lower settings.
I am only 20 miles from the plant and thought it might work out real well........doesn't look that way now.
Any way, thought maybe it was just an off run or something....time will tell
Thanks again and merry christmas!

They are new and just getting into the game. I will be purchasing small amounts to check yearly.
As some companies have went from Bad to really good. It takes time and best of all, some feedback from the consumer (Us).

I too sent an Email to let them know the problem I had. Some where very long and a few bags had pellets with plastic in them (have since cleared up).

I am burning them in my Pellet Furnace (eats it all without disc). They actually dont do bad in it. But my Englander in the Shop "Chokes" on them. Not bad overall in the Quadrafire, just lower heat output.

Again, I have burned worse. And who knows, maybe next year they will be 10X's better.

I know the owner of the mill. They have been experimenting w/ the formula moisture content ect. I figured they would have it down by now. My parents have burned a ton of these from last year and they said they did not burn as hot. They did seem to have alot of fines. The best in central ohio that I have found is Somerset

I am about a ton into the easy heats this season. I agree they are average. Not bad heat..not the worst or the best. Lots of fines and ashy in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.