EB First Over night burn lasted til A.M.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

b33p3r

Feeling the Heat
Jan 29, 2008
NE Pa
Last night was my first overnight burn. It may have made it into single digits last night. Loaded about 1/2 to 3/4 way up the door at 11:00. This A.M. at 7:00 still had a hot bed of coals. Temp just starting to drop in WB. I think I could have slept another 1/2 hour :) . It seems things are going well with the EB and I'd like to say thanks to everyone for all the help. I couldn't have done it without everyone here.
I did make a call to Dale from EB yesterday because I had gotten a high temp alarm without the high temps. He asked if my digital temp display was "Fluttering" at all. I mentioned I had seen some instant 3-5 degree jumps on the display. He directed me to undo and slightly move the front panel, lift the insulation and about a foot back you'll see the thermocouple. He told me to lift the tab on the thermocouple so it's not making any contact with the boiler plate. The tab(which has the wiring attached to it for display) was pressed against plate. 24 hours now and no more bogus high temp alarm. Just figured I'd post that info should anyone else see that issue. Thanks again!

My wife and I still talk about the first year. I didn't sllep much. Constant fire checking, cursing out low water temps, smoke, yada yada yada.

It is so suhweeeet when ya get yer burn on, ride the momentum, knowing you are going to heat yer space all night.

Congrats!!

Status
Not open for further replies.