Echo Saws ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

I currently have a echo cs310 and absolutely love that saw it cuts straight as an arrow and starts with one pull every time. My question is does anybody have a high end Echo saw that you can tell me your experiences with. I have a Poulan Pro - EDIT 46cc - and though I like it a lot and it has served me well I am considering an upgrade.

http://www.echo-usa.com/Products/Chain-Saws

Thanks Pete

I have a cs450-p. So far I am very pleased with it. You must keep the rpm up for it to oil, this is by design. Starts easy, works as advertised.

Used to cut with a couple of them back when I was a teenager (10-12 years ago). I don't remember the specific model but they were grey back then and around 50-55 cc's I think. They were a bit heavy for the power output but ran and cut just fine.

Straight-cutting has NOTHING to do with mfg.; it may indicate good maintenance of b&c.

I'd love to see a 20 cc Poulan. (Just joking, but it sounds like one of the Ohlsson & Rice micros.)

Were I interested in evals of current Echos, I'd check out buyer feedback on Amazon- broader sample base. My CS-315 is not for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.