Eco Fan Users

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soupy1957

Minister of Fire
Jan 8, 2010
Connecticut
www.youtube.com
Since the "Eco Fan" for the wood stove (http://www.caframo.com/hearth/hearth_products_woodstove_ecofanairplus802.php) is supposed to only handle temps up to 650ºF without damage.........and since there are a number of you wood-burning folks out there who like to run your stoves up to 1000ºF or so at the onset of a burn.........what'dya do.........keep your Eco Fan off the stove until the temps settle back down????
Suppose I wanted to run TWO of these "Eco Fan's" on opposing rear corners........effective? Or self-defeating?

-Soupy1957

I have 2 of the double blade type on ether corner of the stove blowing into the living area .
They are a neat gadget and they help move the air around with out noise .
When the fan slows i know the stove needs wood .
The ceiling fan moves more air and its used in the summer also .
Ho yea , I have a soap stone stove and it doesnt get very hot .
If The stove hits 650 its like sitting on the sun .
I think the fan cools it self so you would be OK.
John

soupy1957 said:
Since the "Eco Fan" for the wood stove (http://www.caframo.com/hearth/hearth_products_woodstove_ecofanairplus802.php) is supposed to only handle temps up to 650ºF without damage.........and since there are a number of you wood-burning folks out there who like to run your stoves up to 1000ºF or so at the onset of a burn.........what'dya do.........keep your Eco Fan off the stove until the temps settle back down????
Suppose I wanted to run TWO of these "Eco Fan's" on opposing rear corners........effective? Or self-defeating?

-Soupy1957

Considering that 1000ºF is over fire range for most stoves, I'd be surprised if there were all that many folks running them up to that range on a regular basis... If there are, then yes you'd need to either keep the fan off the stove till it cooled down, or find someplace on the stove that didn't get up to the critical temperature - which is supposedly really critical on those fans, as above it you break the electronics - unlike the models that run on a Stirling engine design and aren't so critical...

As far as running two fans - no reason not to, as long as you don't position them to "fight" each other. OTOH, if I needed that much air movement, I suspect I'd be looking a other (presumably AC powered) options...

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.