Eden Wood Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bxpellet

Feeling the Heat
Nov 1, 2007
Bronx, NY
Ok my pellet people, I know I am late this year in stocking up, any info on Eden wood pellets

Thanks BX

Meneilly's Woodland Products has them listed in the fuel reports(He is a member here). Might have burned some, But AFAIK they are new this season. New = proceed with caution.

I know but in NYC we are limited and prices are crazy, at least this guy will deliver he has others both these are the cheapest.

If he will stand by them if there is an issue? You could take a chance. But I'm pretty sure none of them made it to market last season for trials. So you might be going out on a limb with them. Your Harman should tolerate them as long as there not extremely high in ash content. I'd worry more on the BTU content.

One thing that made me shiver was there including construction debre' in there process. Gives me the Inferno willies.

I'd PM jack here

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/what/messages/pm/15286/

Ask him what he thinks! He usually samples what he sells and shoots straight!

they said they burned some last year, nothing special, or red flags, thanks for the info

Bx

Too hot to get a burn this summer. If I can get a cold night I can put them in the stove. They are a dusty pellet. Eden sent me test result numbers and they stated 8100 btu and .84 ash. We all know they burn differnt in every stove though. They are a dense pellet because the stack looks like it is missing a layer of bags. I put some on a scale and they all came in at 40lbs and it had 50 bags on it so they are very dense.

The cold nights are here. We have burned the Eden pellets in my Quad Castile, Harman PB105 Boiler and our older Breckwell P23FS. The all burn them great. They are hot I had a temp of 209 F on the center tube of my Castile. The ash is a white almost sandy / heavy chalk in consistency and not much of it. One thing is they are a dusty pellet but if you poor slow it seems to not be a problem. The dust sticks to the pellets and makes they very slippery so they feed good also. We had to turn the feed down on the Harman from 3 to 2. I have about 50 bags that I gave to some customers in hopes that they will burn them first thing and get back to me with what they think also. I will post any more results I get. These are the pellets I will be burning this year for sure.

j-takeman said:
Meneilly's Woodland Products has them listed in the fuel reports(He is a member here). Might have burned some, But AFAIK they are new this season. New = proceed with caution.
Hey Jay, have you burned these? I have people asking me about them?

quazi95 said:
j-takeman said:
Hey Jay, have you burned these? I have people asking me about them?

I have been sending them to ask you.

No not yet! No local dealers are carring them yet. Plus its still way tooooooo warm to burn. I hoping to find some sooner or later!

I just completed burning 3 bags of the Edens in the M55 Cast on setting 2. Good heat, relatively low ash ( kind of grainy ) the glass is a little stained but not bad. My overall impression is much better than I had anticipated with this pellet. Mennilly's was right about the dust - poor slowly. The funny thing about this pellet is it is so dense the pallets look like they are short a row and the bags seem a little empty. They weigh 40 lbs. I am not sure if they will last as long as a less dense pellet because every turn of the auger will feed in a certain amount of pellets - with less actual pellets will a bag last as long. hmmm.

pelletdude said:
I just completed burning 3 bags of the Edens in the M55 Cast on setting 2. Good heat, relatively low ash ( kind of grainy ) the glass is a little stained but not bad. My overall impression is much better than I had anticipated with this pellet. Mennilly's was right about the dust - poor slowly. The funny thing about this pellet is it is so dense the pallets look like they are short a row and the bags seem a little empty. They weigh 40 lbs. I am not sure if they will last as long as a less dense pellet because every turn of the auger will feed in a certain amount of pellets - with less actual pellets will a bag last as long. hmmm.

Swept out the M55 - Ash is at the 24 OZ. line on the mason jar. I would be OK burning this pellet now and the spring. Pushing this pellet in the middle of winter and there would be quite alot of cleaning involved. Good - not great.

Attachments

• Eden Ash.jpg
    Eden Ash.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 498
I have put about 10 bags through my Castile and like these pellets more and more every bag. The dust can be an issue but I set the bag in the stove and cut the bottom open. The heat on medium is the same as the Cubex I have the ash varies some bags are better than others. At $175 per ton I stashed 4 tons away they are the best bang for my buck.

Thanks for the replies, I did not get them because they were new to the market, my neighbor picked up 4 tons, I ended up with the Okies in the new bag, now I can see the fines before I pour, great concept :mad:

My Turman pellets have a clear bag as well. If you look at the top side of the bag, there are no fines. Pick it up and peek underneath, and you will see some. I think it's just the settling of the pellets and the fines sink to the bottom. I don't think it's possible to have a bag of pellets that have been handled at all and have no fines. I wouldn 't worry about it.

newf lover said:
I don't think it's possible to have a bag of pellets that have been handled at all and have no fines. I wouldn 't worry about it.

X2

If the fines and dust really are a problem? Build on of those PVC pellet cleaners. There are a couple of threads here with members making them.

Going on my 4th season of pellet burning, fines are not new to me.
As I stacked them yesterday you can see them, usually it's a surprise when opening them, sort of like cereal. A least this year I got them delivered. I know that's not a big deal to some but living in NYC it is for me.

BX

Burned two (2) bags so far of the Eden's and I'm surprised on how well they burned and they burn clean. I found the ash to be fluffy and not an issue at all. I do agree with the others that the dust is bad. But so are the Okies. I would recommend these pellets at least for the shoulder season. Mid-winter it will be hard to say since none of us have experience with them. I did notice they have a little bit of a funky smell. But so do Okies and a few others.

Status
Not open for further replies.