EF2 Pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gibbojr

Jan 19, 2010
North CA
I have a EF2 stove the problem is it will work perfectly this day but the next day not good the problem is it will feed the pellets and then stop the auger motor is turning but the auger will not turn i think it is stuck or could it be the auger could some one help please thanks

First of all, welcome to the forum.

Secondly, please put some punctuation in your posts...it's VERY hard to read without at least a period at the end of a sentence.....something like this:

"I have a EF2 stove. the problem is it will work perfectly this day but the next day not good. the problem is it will feed the pellets and then stop. the auger motor is turning but the auger will not turn. i think it is stuck or could it be the auger? could some one help please? thanks!"

OK, so if your sure the auger motor is running, but it doesn't turn the auger itself......it sounds like either the connection from the motor to auger is slipping (tighten set screw if it has one?), or there is a stripped gear in the gearbox.

I would remove the auger motor and bench test it with an old lamp cord connected to it. If the motor turns the output shaft, then it was slipping on the auger. The question is why? I'd also take the auger out, or at least try turning it with a pair of vice grips to make sure it's not jammed.

[quote author="macman" date="1263955491"]First of all, welcome to the forum.

Secondly, please put some punctuation in your posts...it's VERY hard to read without at least a period at the end of a sentence.....something like this:

"I have a EF2 stove. the problem is it will work perfectly this day but the next day not good. the problem is it will feed the pellets and then stop. the auger motor is turning but the auger will not turn. i think it is stuck or could it be the auger? could some one help please? thanks!"

OK, so if your sure the auger motor is running, but it doesn't turn the auger itself......it sounds like either the connection from the motor to auger is slipping (tighten set screw if it has one?), or there is a stripped gear in the gearbox.

quote]

Geez, macman, if you want to be the punctuation police on top of all your other duties, I'd suggest you study up on the proper usage of "your" sure and "you're" sure. BUT, that's just MY opinion.

And, yeah, I still can't do a partial quote

Thanks guys but some people must realise that English is not every person first language, any way could the auger stucking from the kind of pellet i am using or could it be damage

I am still having problem with the stove, i run it with out pellets works good, change the selicone hose and load it with pellets it ran for some time and then stop feeding pellets. I put my hand on the back of the auger motor it is working but the auger will not turn, could some one help please thanks

I have pulled out the motor and tested it with a grip wrinch, it just stop turning ans stall the motor with a small amount of pressure to the grip wrinch on the shaft. I also couls use my finger to stop the motor from spinning, i thing this motor was week and about to die

gibbojr said:
I have pulled out the motor and tested it with a grip wrinch, it just stop turning ans stall the motor with a small amount of pressure to the grip wrinch on the shaft. I also couls use my finger to stop the motor from spinning, i thing this motor was week and about to die

If you could stop the auger output shaft easily with your fingers, then I would agree that the motor is weak and should be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.