ef3 damper settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there might be a set screw in there holding it in place. haven't played with the EF3, but many other Enviros have the set screw, likely an allen head screw.

there might be a set screw in there holding it in place. haven’t played with the EF3, but many other Enviros have the set screw, likely an allen head screw. ...It's not that,it's almost like it is not set (inside the stove). On page 6 of the manual it says "The slider/damper must be set at time of install". And the Techs did not touch it. It also says there is a screw upper front corner of the cabinet side, and i can't find it

The ef3 has a 5/16 nut on the end of the combustion air damper plate that comes tightened down from the factory. This must be loosened then you can slide the rod. If the techs did not touch it how did they set the firebox vacuum? Your stove will not perform to its optimal efficiency’s without properly setting this damper, and then leaving it alone until you switch to different fuels. You also will produce more ash (meaning more frequent cleanings) if the air is not right

I agree the damper must be set with a magnehelic gauge for optimal efficiency. I would get a hold of the stove shop and question why it wasn't set on start up. This can be done by the homeowner but requires the gauge to be set properly and they are somewhat expensive!

Keep us posted on how things turn out?

Thanks that made sense/ They didn't do anything to the stove but install iT.tHEY DIDN'T SET ANYTHING WITH A GUAGE

I have a feeling that the people that put my stove in are not NFI cert. Is there an indi in western ma that i can call if need be

Status
Not open for further replies.