Efficiency of a Vogelzang Shiloh vs a Fisher stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sapratt

Feeling the Heat
May 14, 2008
Northwestern, Oh
I was looking at a Vogelzang Shiloh. The efficieny rating is between 60% and 70%. I have a Fisher Granpa bear I think.
Its the biggest stove they made. Is that Vogelzang a lot more efficient then the Fisher? And would I burn a lot less wood?
Right now I'm burning a little over 4 cord to heat a 1500sg ft ranch style house.

no man said:
I was looking at a Vogelzang Shiloh. The efficieny rating is between 60% and 70%. I have a Fisher Granpa bear I think.
Its the biggest stove they made. Is that Vogelzang a lot more efficient then the Fisher? And would I burn a lot less wood?
Right now I'm burning a little over 4 cord to heat a 1500sg ft ranch style house.

The Shiloh is a LOT smaller than your fisher stove. It only has a 1.32 cu ft fire box. You would not be happy with the results.

no man said:

If you are looking to upgrade while still heating the house, using less wood, and stay within the Vogelzang budget price you might want to look at the Englander 30NC.
http://overstockstoves.com/50nowomo2sqf.html

How much wood will you save? That will vary on a lot of things. You could save as much as 1-1.5 cords.

I was looking at the Shiloh price tag while looking at the Performer. I just realized that. The Performer is a more efficient stove the tag say 75%.
I'm still going to shop around first and see if I can find a better deal. That Englander is nice. I had a chance to buy a vermiont castings stove but it needed
alot of work. Hey if I could save 1.5 cord a year that would be great. Cause the problem I have now is I only have enough room to save up for 1 burn season.

Status
Not open for further replies.