EKO 25 - I'd like to monitor the controller wirelessly?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RDabate

Sep 14, 2008
Ellington, CT
I'd like to set something up, so that I can monitor the controller wirelessly and possibly even put an alarm on it when it get's to a certain temperature. Has anyone set anything like this up?

I did it the easy way.I bought a wireless video camera and mounted it so it was pointed at the control panel on the boiler.
It had to be approx. 2 ft. away to get a clear view of the readout.Also I had to cover about half of the infrared leds on the camera to reduce glare off of the temp readout on the controller.

The camera was about 75$ at Menards.The receiver end just plugs into Your TV.
I call it the boiler channel.It's My favorite channel.

Controlbyweb.com has some pretty cool stuff. Can be logged with smart phones. I think there might be a capability to send text messages, I would call them and tell them what you want to do.

gg

I'd like to set something up, so that I can monitor the controller wirelessly and possibly even put an alarm on it when it get's to a certain temperature. Has anyone set anything like this up?

I use a wireless remote barbecue thermometer purchased on ebay for around $20. It has an adjustable high temperature alarm and a range of around 100 ft.

Status
Not open for further replies.