EKO 40 Chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tblyskal

Aug 12, 2009
Raritan Township, NJ
Hi everyone. My dad is giving me his 2yr old EKO40 boiler for our new house we are building. He is retired and doesn't want to bother with it any more. Currently it is situated in the basement and has it vented through a masonry chimney. I am looking into what chimney pipe (manufacturer/size) people here have used for their EKO40.

Thanks in advanced!!

Tom B.

I used 6" Supervent SS for my chimney. Works great and can be purchased at your local Menards...

stee6043 said:
I used 6" Supervent SS for my chimney. Works great and can be purchased at your local Menards...
ditto

I too used supervent... only 8" for my 60..... It was half the price at Menards than what it was from Dave @ Cozy Heat.

I used 8" Supervent from Menards as well with an EKO 40. I realize now that I could have got by with 6".

How do you get by with a 6" pipe. Does it have a reducer for it?

You can reduce to 6" off the boiler with a stove pipe reducer, then run that into your chimney.....

You don't need to reduce anything if you are using the the 6" supervent I bought one of there 6" T's to install on the boiler then straight up the roof with insulated chimney,the second wall fits snugly over my EKO 25(or your 40).this is exactly the way Cozy heat recommends.The T comes standard with the out the wall kit or you can buy separately,I ordered just the T at Lowe's for $150,took less than a week to receive.Depending on your situation if you are tying into a brick chimney you could possibly use a section of supervent straight from boiler to chimney.

I agree, where do you see 6" pipe as acceptable, WITH DOCUMENTATION that would be acceptable to an inspector?

The Paxo manual says, in part
11. Chimney Specifications
The chimney or flue is one of the most critical factors in the successful operation of any solid fuel heater, including the Paxo® boiler.
A good chimney will provide a continuous and dependable draft to pull the exhaust gases out of your boiler. The boiler must be
connected to a tile-lined masonry flue or to a Type HT approved chimney. Minimum required flue size is 8”x8” with square tile or 8”
diameter round tile or stainless steel....

The EKO manual says the same thing as I recall, with NO discussion of using a smaller chimney anywhere that I can find...

(This is a bummer IMHO, as I would definitely prefer to use a 6" stack for reasons stated elsewhere...)

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.