EKO 40 ready to start, got e 1 on my display

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandman59

May 19, 2008
Northwestern PA
Manual says the e 1 display come up when the temperature sensor is damaged. Cozy Heat is closed for the night and I believe they are closed tomorrow. I just filled my boiler and was ready to start the unit until this error came up. I can go though the service mode but once I go back to work mode it goes directly back to e 1. The bad thing is that my boiler is outside in a room off my wood shed and it's going to go below freezing tonight. Anyone have any ideas or have had this happen to them.

Thanks

Rich

Just checked the sensor, it had an ohm reading of 527. With the sensor disconnected from the controller, still get the "e-1" error code. Since Cozy Heat is closed tomorrow, I may call New Horizon to see what can be done. I will run some heated water from my oil boiler through the boiler tonight to keep it warm.

when I first fired mine my daughters boyfriend was being nosey and shut off the power switch,that was the code that came up.The manual said to push the stop button then push the start button.

Wrench340, I just tried the stop and start button reset but it did not remove the "e-1". In fact the display does not blink or flash, just a steady error code display. After reading deeper into the manual, one of the causes for this type of error code is the temperature is below 32 degrees. Just in case the sensor was on the plus side of the tolerances, I held it in my hand to warm it up but it did not help.

Update - Talked to New Horizon this morning and went through the stop/start reset but this time I unplugged the boiler and plugged it back in. Once I hit the stop and start buttons, it reset and the fan came on with the display showing the boiler temperature. Glad it wasn't anything serious. Now it time to start a fire!!!

Rich,sorry I wasn't keeping track of the posts,glad to see your on track.

Rich R. said:
Update - Talked to New Horizon this morning and went through the stop/start reset but this time I unplugged the boiler and plugged it back in. Once I hit the stop and start buttons, it reset and the fan came on with the display showing the boiler temperature. Glad it wasn't anything serious. Now it time to start a fire!!!

Must be the new controller runs Windows ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.