EKO 40 RK2001 not running circ pump enough

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkusek

Minister of Fire
Mar 19, 2008
Nebraska
Just filled up the EKO and fired up after being off since last winter. The EKO is in idle at 163r even though my temp is set for 195. Also, for some reason the boiler circ barely runs. I started with the default settings of 144 pump start temp and 4 hysterisys with delay of 2 but the pump only runs for a short time then shuts off for a few minutes. I changed the delay back to -- ("zero" I hope) but still no change. Does it only work in 30 second periods? I would think if it was in idle the pump should run continuously. I only ran the EKO last year for a few months with small fires to heat the barn. I just ran the pump continously on a separate cord to prevent freezing. I think I may have to do that again. My primary loop is cold. Something is not right. Any ideas?

You might want to reset to the factory defaults and see where you are. Is the red light on sayingthe "house" is calling for heat

False Alarm I guess. I unplugged the unit and started working on getting circ wire undone to plug directly into a wall outlet. After a few minutes, I decided to plug it back in and check temp to make sure it wasn't getting too hot. Voila, back to normal with pump light on and 161F on the screen. I'm wondering now it I wasn't in some dumb program mode. Also, I might check wires for a short too since I have the top panel raised up slight off the boiler. The red light on the house is on now. Wait a minute, I'm not so sure it was before. Now wondering if the plug with that little jumper was loose or not making contact. The house light should be on always right? The boiler circ light would only run momentarily and then shut off for several minutes. The boiler was definitely in idle doing the flush thing kicking the fans briefly every 5 minutes or so. Has anyone removed the jumper and tied to their house thermostat? I advised someone here a few days ago that I didn't believe anyone was using that feature. Am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.