Energy King 360 EK Wood Furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronoz

Aug 15, 2008
CT
I am considering purchasing the Energy King EK 360 model wood furnace to heat my 2200 sq. ft. two-story home and am wondering if anyone has had any experiences with one of these furnaces. It would be placed in the basement of my home and would be piped into the central heating/cooling ductwork for the first floor. My questions are:

1. Will it be enough to heat my home (both floors located above the basement)?
2. How efficient is it? Any secondary burns?
3. How many cords should I expect to burn from Nov-May here in CT?
4. Is it built well?
5. Does it need a cool air return attached to heat efficiently or can it just use the air in my
basement as return air and leave the basement door open to the first floor?
6. Finally, is it worth spending $2,200.00 on this unit?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Than you!

I just bought the Energy King 480EK wood/coal hot air furnace with the coal shaker grate, forced draft & the return air box. I went with the 480EK to heat 2800 sqft; didn't want to be under sized. The furnace is made very well and the constuction is solid. Energy King's customer support is excellent too. I'm in the process of hooking up the 480EK with my existing oil furnace using 16" round duct. I will be hooking the return up to my existing return; I would give EK a call (715) 720-1794 to see if it's okay to just leave your door open. I will be burn coal; it will almost pay for itself in one season.

Status
Not open for further replies.