Eng Igniter not getting hot at tip. Would you replace it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello
25-pdvc
Mfd = 08/08

Stove is hard starting but runs fine.
Replace Igniter? Oui? Non?
See pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Personally if it where me I'd keep using it but order a new one. So when it dies your ready. There's a thread somewhere about getting an igniter from Granger I think. It's a heating element for plastic molding or something. They are the same as long as you get the right size and I think I read they are like a 1/3 of the price of an OEM replacement.

Hello
Still taking 12-15 mins to fire up even with the new igniter. I checked the air hole in the bottom of the igniter tube and it was clear. I also removed the drill cap on top of the igniter tube for more air flow.
Then I pulled the burn pot and hammered out the top ridge so it was flat. The original OEM burn pot gasket was mostly desintergrated so I cut a new one.
Also made sure the igniter tip was centered in the igniter tube and pulled back a bit.
See pics
Then I found the lower 3 buttons were set for 4-4-4 ! ! ! So I changed them to 4-6-1 and shut the stove down.
Now we will see how long it takes to fire.

Attachments

• EnglanderIgniter (3).JPG
    EnglanderIgniter (3).JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 102
  • EnglanderIgniter (4).JPG
    EnglanderIgniter (4).JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 113
Hello

After changing the 3 buttons to 4-6-1 the stove went from pressing the ON button to a FLAME in 6 Minutes flat! ! !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.