Englander 25-pah auger noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2010
Southeast CT
Englander 25-pah installed new since oct 10. Auger motor seems to be loud. When I first installed, you could hardly hear the auger. Only the clinking noise of pellets hitting the pot. I was actually surprise how quiet the stove was.
Now, after 2 tons of burned pellets, you could definitely hear the auger. Not a grinding noise. Somewhat of a whining noise when it engages. Kind of hard to explain.
Louder than the fan. Kind of annoying. Every once in a while the auger would engage longer (time-wise). I'm alittle worried if it does this, it will feed too much to the burn pot.

Should I be worried?

Do I need to call ESW?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Maybe it's time to remove the motor & auger....check up inside the auger flight and vacuum out any fines that might be packed in there. Also, the motor bearings can be oiled.

Tried the auger cleaning. Not oiled yet. Any advice on oil type?

Status
Not open for further replies.