Englander 25 PDV issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

suzie1970

Oct 28, 2008
Hartland, Maine
Hello, I have a englander 25 PDV that I bought last year. It seemed to do very well, however this year I there seems to be issues. First the exhaust blower sees to be vibrating (all the bolts are tight), also the stove on the front and top gets REALLY hot, and the room air blower seems no different from setting 1 or on setting 9. I don't know what is going on, any suggestions please let me know.
Thank you Sue

Sue,

Was the stove thoroughly cleaned after last season? If the exhaust blower is dirty it can vibrate since it's out of balance.

Rick

I cleaned everything else (with the help of my neighbor..thanks mjb), but I guess I will have to light a pellet under my hubby's behind to have him tear it apart to get in there. Thank you for the suggestion!!!!!!!!!! Will try it :)

After your thorough cleaning things should be better for the exhaust, but the room blower is another story. When you get her nice and clean, if you're still having problems, post back and we'll help as much as we can.

Good luck

suzie1970 said:
I cleaned everything else (with the help of my neighbor..thanks mjb), but I guess I will have to light a pellet under my hubby's behind to have him tear it apart to get in there. Thank you for the suggestion!!!!!!!!!! Will try it :)

your'e welcome suzie...i agree with rap thughon the exhaust vibration...also contact tech support on the room air blower...it may need to be reset. e-mail mike holton and he can help you right out

mike

I had the same problem with mine and I found that you have to clean the screen on the exhaust blower in the back. Take the rear panel off and look in at the blower to the left, you will see a screen that is held in with 4 bolts. These are a real pain to get off but you need to clean it. I just removed my screen for good.
The only other problem I found with this stove is the build up in the burn pot.

suzie1970 said:
Hello, I have a englander 25 PDV that I bought last year. It seemed to do very well, however this year I there seems to be issues. First the exhaust blower sees to be vibrating (all the bolts are tight), also the stove on the front and top gets REALLY hot, and the room air blower seems no different from setting 1 or on setting 9. I don't know what is going on, any suggestions please let me know.
Thank you Sue

I have the same problem with my room air blower! I've been trying to find a solution to it everywhere!

I'm going to try cleaning the screen as said in here and see if that helps at all.

EDIT: Pulled the back off the stove when I got home to give it a little look over. The room blower on my stove is brand new, no dirt on it at all. Everything looks nice and clean in the back so that didn't help the blower speed problem...

CDodge04 said:
suzie1970 said:
Thank you Sue

I have the same problem with my room air blower! I've been trying to find a solution to it everywhere!

I'm going to try cleaning the screen as said in here and see if that helps at all.

EDIT: Pulled the back off the stove when I got home to give it a little look over. The room blower on my stove is brand new, no dirt on it at all. Everything looks nice and clean in the back so that didn't help the blower speed problem...
'
My old Englander (class of 97') had a vibrating rar rar rar rar noise to the blower motor. When I took it apart, there was supposed to be a gasket ( which was made of the rope used to seal the door) between the motor and the stove. It was half off and was letting the motor hit metal and metal. It didnt matter how tight the bolts were it would still vibrate. replaced it and it runs quiet as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.