englander 25-PDV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimrig

Feb 12, 2009
The pellet feed pot auger tube where it enter into burn pot.did stick out about 1/4 IN now the bottom of the tube is even with hole in wall of stove.i think it might have been a bad casting. have to much play between auger and tube.about 3/16 of an inch.any one have any input? thank you jim

interesting, how old is the unit?

as for he "play" in the auger, 3/16ths isnt bad at all the tube is roughly that much larger in diameter than the auger anyway , the auger should have play in that type feed system , was designed to free float

HI MIKE i have two 25-PDV this one was build 7/15/04. brough it and the other one that year.this one i burn hotter than the other one on advage 4 on heat 6 on blower.

well , it has a few years on it but im a bit suprised at the degradation of the tube where it protrudes, still far from being a problem though, as for the auger , that part is just fine. its made to be loose in there , allows for smoother flow of fuel. my personal unit is a 12/04 and im not seeing signifigant degradation in that location , but mine is not run very hard at all, usually 1.5 to just over 2 ton annually. i'd keep an eye on it and if it continues , get up with me at the shop and we'll kick it around a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.