Englander 25-PDV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris04626

Minister of Fire
What are the best bottom 3 settings to use to get the most heat for the fewest pellets?

What do you guys use for that and your two top options

Seems i have to crank mine to like 9-9 to get enough heat to heat the area.

many different options, i think i had mine set at 4-6-1, check with englander, they're very helpful.

Chris04626 said:
What are the best bottom 3 settings to use to get the most heat for the fewest pellets?

What do you guys use for that and your two top options

Seems i have to crank mine to like 9-9 to get enough heat to heat the area.

As mentioned above, if you're not sure, give Englander tech line a call tomorrow. Make sure the stove is 100% clean (firebox, blowers, burnpot, etc, etc.) before you call them, as they may have you start the stove, or at least check the settings on the control board.

BTW, what pellets where you burning? How big an area are you trying to heat? Where is the stove located?

IMO, unless you're trying to heat a large or poorly insulated area, 9-9 should put out plenty of heat. Also, it's not recommended to run the stove on high like that for more than a few hours.

Everything is clean cleaned it when i was done using it for the season and last week cleaned the back fans and everything of dust that had collected inside it over summer

Iwas burning Penintons last winter, have like 2 bags left to start this heating season with October 10th im getting 3 ton of new Maine Wood Pellets and 2 ton of Okies

My 2 story house is around 1800 square so the downstairs which im trying to heat i guess is around 900 square foot. Alot of windows .

I havent yet fired it up this season yet as i only have bags left untill the 10th I have set the control panel to c mode from d like others here have done, i am hoping that will help this season.

How can i easily check the temperature the stove is putting out?

bottom 3 buttons affect the stove on 1 & 2 burn settings. press lower button & #of setting appears above the blower speed button & can be changed by pushing the blow speed button within 5 sec.
bottom buttons=
1- low fuel feed is pellet feed at 1&2 settings
2-low burn air is combustion air supply for 1 & 2 settings
3- temp button tells what temp the room blower comes on---always set @ 1 unless u wanna blow more heat out the chimney...dunno if it affects 3-9 heat settings

open the door & look into the stove. on top is a space where the smoke from the burnpot travels to get to the exhaust blower. on top left is the space which allows the smoke to go directly to the exhaust blower so i configured a plate to block the upper left part of the passage & now the smoke has to trvel up & to the right before it gets pulled to the left by the exhaust blower. seems this would result in more heat for the room but dunno if its wise & this voids the UL listing where the stove has been altered

please do tell which side of the house stove is located on [N S E W]. prevailing winter winds play a part in heat distribution especially if house is drafty

if your pellet hopper is empty, there is an adjustable plate in the bottom. I have mine positioned as open as possible and run at a 4-4-1 or 3-4-1 . it was factory set at 6-4-1 but burned more pellets on a 1 or 2 heat setting then 3....I generally ;eave thestove running 24/7 on heat 2 blower 3 during the season. keeps the house nice and warm.... i burned 400g of oil last yr.. 6 tons pellets

I like my quad, just set it to high or medium......ahhhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.