Englander 25-PDVC output air temperature

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JCtheOtherOne

Jan 3, 2022
Bushkill, PA
I was wondering what everyone's output temperature is on their PDVC-25 is? I have it on settings of 4-4 and 9-9 but the blower air temps don't seem hot. I have see some other pellet stoves blow air pretty much so hot, you can barely keep your hand in front of it. this one is MAYBE 130F on those settings above. I can see that the pellets are burning pretty high and hot. also the sides of my unit are def hot to the point where you would be burned if you kept your hand on it. Is something wrong with mine? Thanks in advance.

The one thing that jumps to mind and I've seen it on my 25 PDV is to check the room air fan. Mine has a screen over it that can get clogged with dust and hair, limiting its output. When it can't move the air, the heat has to go somewhere, somewhere being the stove itself.

Eric