Englander 25-PDVC Tweaking settings?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seige101

Minister of Fire
Mar 25, 2008
Western MA
Hey guys new stove at my mothers seems to be chowing down on pellets, like a bag in 8-10 hours. She starts the stove up on 5 and when the house warms up turns it down to 1 or 2 after say 3 hours. When running over night the house was 71 in the morning and out of pellets! It seems like the flame is still large and consuming way more than it should. I know my empress on lowest setting will run 20+ hours on a bag.

I did a search for the bottom 3 buttons and see lots of different settings feed rate air and air. What i am not seeing is how to change them!
It seems i need to turn down the auger feed a tad and bump up the air feed a tad as the burn is a little on the dirty side.

Also this issue appeared to happen after we switched pellet brands as it;s a new stove i bought a couple different bags. I see posts about different sized pellets like smaller ones need the retrsicter place in the hopper closed off a tad. However the pellets are pretty much the same size on both brands (both on the smaller side)

Thanks!

First button is low feed rate, second is low air rate, and third is don't touch. Push button, number will show, use arrow to change value. Remember your factory settings. Mine are 6-4-1, at present using energex pellets have them set at 2-5-1. It will change with brand of pellets and environment. Make small change ie; one number at a time, it takes up to 1/2 hour for change. Have fun.

TLHinCanada said:
....Push button, number will show, use arrow to change value.....
More exactly, you must push BOTH up or down arrow buttons at the same time to change the setting.

Thank you!
It was at 6-4-1 Changed it to 5-5-1 and much better now!
Since the hopper was empty when i got there i looked for a feed block of grate of some sort and didn't see anything, perhaps that was the older models?

Thanks
Tim

dbailp said:
imacman said:
TLHinCanada said:
More exactly, you must push BOTH up or down arrow buttons at the same time to change the setting.
what does this mean?

It means you must push both up or down arrows to change the setting, instead of just one......not sure what else you might be asking.

there is also an adjustable plate in the bottom of the hopper that you can open up or make smaller to control the amount of pellets that get through to the augers...

imacman said:
dbailp said:
imacman said:
TLHinCanada said:
what does this mean?

It means you must push both up or down arrows to change the setting, instead of just one......not sure what else you might be asking.
Imacman, I`m baffled by the above . On my PDVC to change the setting of any of the 3 lower buttons I simply press and the setting lights up and I only need to hit either the up the down arrow to change the setting.

Gio said:
Imacman, I`m baffled by the above . On my PDVC to change the setting of any of the 3 lower buttons I simply press and the setting lights up and I only need to hit either the up the down arrow to change the setting.

Well, maybe my control board is programmed differently (?).....hold on, let me try the single button method (maybe I've been doing it wrong all along, although it does work)........

OK, double checked my 10-cpm, and I HAVE to press BOTH buttons to make changes on lower button settings....if I just press 1 up or down button, nothing happens.

Gio, what year is your stove? My 10-cpm is an '08 model.

imacman said:
Gio said:

Well, maybe my control board is programmed differently (?).....hold on, let me try the single button method (maybe I've been doing it wrong all along, although it does work)........

OK, double checked my 10-cpm, and I HAVE to press BOTH buttons to make changes on lower button settings....if I just press 1 up or down button, nothing happens.

Mine`s an 08.

Gio said:
imacman said:
Gio said:

Mine`s an 08.

Weird :-/

imacman said:
Gio said:
imacman said:
Gio said:

Mine`s an 08.

Weird :-/
When you press both arrows at once how does the setting change? I would think it would cancel each arrow out.

Gio said:
When you press both arrows at once how does the setting change? I would think it would cancel each arrow out.

I press both Up arrows, or both Down arrows together.

imacman said:
Gio said:

I press both Up arrows, or both Down arrows together.

I just tried that on my 25 PDVC and noithing changed. I have to press one arrow to effect a change .

Gio said:
I just tried that on my 25 PDVC and noithing changed. I have to press one arrow to effect a change .

Obviously due to the different version control boards.....mine has a daughter board connected for corn/cherry pit burning, and also will do Hi-Lo or On-Off burn modes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.