englander 25 pdvc venting question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

itpdk9

Dec 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Hello all, new here but lurking for awhile thanks for all the great info.... now to my question.

I have a ground floor basement setup, i have my stove with a 1 ft length of pipe going into my T then 4 ft of pipe up then 90 angle then exiting out of wall. Using the duravent kit. Was wondering if it was ok to have the 1 ft length prior to the T, I need it for the clearance from the wall. the reason I ask is that I get some smoke leakage at startup then it is fine. I didnt rtv any of the joints yet because I wanted to make sure it was right before I did. Thanks in advance for your help.

itpdk9 said:
Hello all, new here but lurking for awhile thanks for all the great info.... now to my question.

I have a ground floor basement setup, i have my stove with a 1 ft length of pipe going into my T then 4 ft of pipe up then 90 angle then exiting out of wall. Using the duravent kit. Was wondering if it was ok to have the 1 ft length prior to the T, I need it for the clearance from the wall. the reason I ask is that I get some smoke leakage at startup then it is fine. I didnt rtv any of the joints yet because I wanted to make sure it was right before I did. Thanks in advance for your help.

why do you need 12" of clearance from the back of the stove to the wall? i would say if you can get rid of it that would be best. the least horizontal pipe you have the better. how much horiz. do you have after the top 90 where the pipe goes through the wall? and what is outside?

Status
Not open for further replies.