Englander 25-PVDC Room Blower Won't Go Above 3

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian_Live

Jan 2, 2008
Eastern CT
I'm ready for my fourth year with my Englander 25-PVDC, but I noticed that my room (convection) blower doesn't run any faster than a 3 setting. I don't notice or hear any increase from 3-9... Before I go ordering a new blower, could this also be a problem with the control board? How can I troubleshoot between the two easily?

Thanks!

Brian_Live said:
I'm ready for my fourth year with my Englander 25-PVDC, but I noticed that my room (convection) blower doesn't run any faster than a 3 setting. I don't notice or hear any increase from 3-9... Before I go ordering a new blower, could this also be a problem with the control board? How can I troubleshoot between the two easily?

Thanks!

Have you cleaned and oiled (if it can be oiled, use the proper oil) the convection blower, this would be the first thing I'd try.

The other thing would be to hook up a voltmeter on the blower and see if the voltage varies between 3 and 9. Remember you are playing with something that can kill you. Only hook and unhook the voltmeter with the power off.

I can't really hear or notice a difference in the combustion blower when adjusting the feed rate. Certainly not like the difference in the convection blower. It may be slight or not at all along the upper levels.

Does it burn well at those settings or not enough air?

staplebox said:
I can't really hear or notice a difference in the combustion blower when adjusting the feed rate. Certainly not like the difference in the convection blower. It may be slight or not at all along the upper levels.

Sorry - if you look at my original post I m talking about the room/convection blower - not the combustion one.

that blower can get clogged with dust bunnies , pet hair and the like over time , if its restricted too much it will tend to speed up in RPM's but may not move any more air, the speeding up is from a static increase, if too much static pressure builds it automatically speeds up.

Brian_Live said:
staplebox said:

Sorry - if you look at my original post I m talking about the room/convection blower - not the combustion one.

My bad - I should have paid more attention in reading class. As the guy who knows more than me said above...I don't know if we have the same or similar blower but I clean mine once per year. One side of the hamster wheel is usually packed tight with hair/dust. Mine is a PITA to get off and on but it is easy to clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.