Englander 25-PVDC uneven convection heating

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

turbotech

Feeling the Heat
Dec 2, 2010
NE
I did a full clean on a 25-PVDC to try and help out a friend getting better heat output. Vent was fully brushed cleaned. Conv and comb fans removed and cleaned. Compressed air used to clean inside the comb fan housing and inside the burn chamber to clean the heat exchanger. The stove still outputs more heat on the left side of the conv fan vent outputs than the right side outputs (when facing the front of the stove). I told him it is because of the design and the heat exchanger. That is, more heat comes out of the left side because that is where the comb fan is.

Others must have noticed this. Anyone modify the heat exchanger to get more output or evenly distributed heat output?

I have the same model which I installed new and fired up on Thanksgiving day 2010 and the left side is no doubt much warmer than the right... not sure why but it is a new stove......

The left side gets hotter quicker undoubtedly since it`s in the design. However I notice when running for an hour or so especially on the higher settings it`s much less obvious because the overall stove temperature has by that time become more stabilized and the right side gets hot too.
I`m at a loss as how to modify it but I don`t think it`s anything to be too concerned about.

It was just a observation on my part......not a concern.... can't speak for turbotech's friend....

Status
Not open for further replies.