englander 25pdvc Convection Blower stopped working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike56

Aug 13, 2010
broad brook,ct
My convection blower has stopped working, no error codes on the control board, I pigtailed the blower to direct current and blower runs fine, does this sound like the control board? the stove is a 2006 any help on this would be greatly appreciated before i order a new control board at 217.00. the weird thing about this,is the stove kept running has anyone else had this problem?

mike56 said:
My convection blower has stopped working, no error codes on the control board, I pigtailed the blower to direct current and blower runs fine, does this sound like the control board? the stove is a 2006 any help on this would be greatly appreciated before i order a new control board at 217.00. the weird thing about this,is the stove kept running has anyone else had this problem?

Did the stove overheat, that would be the only way the stove would shut down because of a convection blower not running.

There are other things it could be other than the controller. Your Aot setting lower three on your control board should be 1, the temperature probe isn't where it should be check your manual, and any fuse that maybe in the convection blower circuit check your manual.

There is also a controller diagnostic on England's web site you might want to run that.

stoveguy2esw said:
hey mike , shoot me a PM with phone number and i'll help ya diagnose it

What's this soliciting business ... what's the matter nothing to do? ;-)

hesria said:
I guess Smokeythebear never see this type of generous hahahahah ;-)

Oh I've seen it, just didn't want the ESW guy to get his feathers clipped by the site owner.

My stove has done the exact same thing any idea on what I can do to fix this issue or could you let me know what you did. Thank you .

Will be interesting to see what the problem and fix will be on this.
Hope to see positive results

Status
Not open for further replies.