Englander 25pdvc stove running dirty

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

johnnyb1970

Apr 22, 2014
New Jersey (Northern)
Hi everyone , I change my exhaust blower on my stove and its been running dirty ever since glass gets really dirty and clumps of pellets in burn pot after 12 hours of running. I cleaned my stove and duct work really good I change setting on combustion air 3-6-1 same thing. I purchase blower from pellet head on Amazon. I want to put old blower back on but there is no gasket can I do that if there is no gasket. Also I did dollar bill test on door to check gasket and it is fine. Driving me crazy help.
Thanks

You can always use high-temp RTV in place of a gasket. Did you check that your mode didn't change (I'm thinking these are supposed to be mode 'D')? Did you cap off the lower holes under the burn pot or do the burn plate mods?

I have the 25-PDV and my glass gets dirty. I just deal with it. This isn't a $5,000 stove we're talking about here.

Eric

Did you get just the motor and paddle fan or the entire motor and housing? Some of the Chinese motors are rated at the correct rpm but that is without the fan or under load so it may actually be weaker than your oem. If your carfull they can sometimes be removed without damaging the gasket.

pics of the mod eric was talking about 78C20DC5-4689-4EEF-A6CF-BEE33460039D.jpegF1F4FFEE-F4BA-4107-A6D6-8BB79330A6D1.jpeg

Did you get just the motor and paddle fan or the entire motor and housing? Some of the Chinese motors are rated at the correct rpm but that is without the fan or under load so it may actually be weaker than your oem. If your carfull they can sometimes be removed without damaging the gasket.

pics of the mod eric was talking aboutView attachment 258522View attachment 258523
Ssyko what's good to use to plug holes with.

pics of the mod eric was talking aboutView attachment 258522View attachment 258523

Ssyko what do you use to pkug hose.
Thanks

I used hillman electrical plugs. But many have used aluminum tape, tinfoil, steel wool(this i would believe would bleed air) try plugging the lower holes before you drill your plate.

johnnyb1970; no need to start a new thread, all you have to do is add to the original, then everyone see's comments from the same issue all in one place.

While I don't have your unit, I have not used a combustion air blower gasket in years. What I did was put a bead of red high temp silicone around the edge and let it cure and then put on the fan. The silicone seals the gap (if any) and never needs replaced. I take my fan out every spring and clean the chambers inside clean the blades and lube the bearings.

Johnnyb,

Sorry, don't get on all that often. Ssyko has you covered. I've used steel wool (get the real fine stuff) jammed into those two holes and haven't had an issue with any perceptible air leakage. The holes in the burnplate have been plugged with screws, weld, I used stove cement.

Eric