Englander 28-3500 Baffle Mod?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tkramer76

Feb 4, 2012
NW PA
Hello to all. I'm new to the forum but the more I read the more I feel like I fit right in. So hear is my situation. Over the past 10 years I've had to flatten out the steel baffle in my Englader a couple of times. Now I want to experiment with a refractory baffle which I want to make a few inches longer than the stock baffle. I'd like to hear about any success stories or cautionary tales. Does anyone have any experience with the castable refractory mixes from the box stores? My englander is on it's third set of firebricks and still burns like new I guess I just have a hard time leaving well enough alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.