englander 28-3500 or the us stove 1400 add on furnaces which is better have a small time window on e

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kscowboy

Dec 30, 2009
kansas
I can pick up new the esw for about 1249 or the us stove for about 950 i have recharced the esw but not the 1400 would like some impot if possible while i search the 1400 thanks

I think they are equally efficient / inefficient, neither has any kind of secondary burn. If I only had those 2 choices I'd choose the one with the window in the door (englander), at least you could see your fire to know how things were burning, and it is heaver (I think in general more steal = better stove).

keep in mind there are things you can do to make both furnaces better .my dad has the hotblast and i have the englander i get longer burn times and more consitant burning basically we both agree the englander is a better model of the 2 ..of coarse i m biased because i own one but the 28-3500 would be my choice .

Thnaks for the input I have been researching the 28-3500 and had my mind made up untill i saw the price of the 1400 i belive the esw is the better of the 2 from what i can tell will have to go and get the esw as planed thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.