Englander clearance still available?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sb81

Jul 29, 2011
Central MA
Howdy,

Curious if anyone has seen any Hd/lowes englander stoves on clearance this late in the season. Will check my local stores near Leominster Ma but curious if anyone has seen any in NE. If not I will likely buy the refurb from the ebay gentleman and of course checking CL.

Also on the multi fuel... is this a feature commonly used these days? Or are pellets still the best way to go? Multi fuel one looks real nice but the ep 25 might be better if I will go with pellets only. Might also stick with the cheaper pdvc models as I have a 1500 sqft house that seems well laid out. Two stories with living room, kitchen and stairway all branching off in an open area where I plan to put the stove.

Thank you

sb81 said:
Howdy,

Curious if anyone has seen any Hd/lowes englander stoves on clearance this late in the season. Will check my local stores near Leominster Ma but curious if anyone has seen any in NE. If not I will likely buy the refurb from the ebay gentleman and of course checking CL.

Also on the multi fuel... is this a feature commonly used these days? Or are pellets still the best way to go? Multi fuel one looks real nice but the ep 25 might be better if I will go with pellets only. Might also stick with the cheaper pdvc models as I have a 1500 sqft house that seems well laid out. Two stories with living room, kitchen and stairway all branching off in an open area where I plan to put the stove.

Thank you

Hello sb81

I would not rule out the mult-fuel stove so quickly. Sure in Mass you will probably just burn pellets since they are the best deal, but the Mult-fuel has a pot stirrer to push out ash build up and is actually better for burning wood pellets since you do not have to clean the ashes so frequently! If you hate cleaning pellet ash you will Luv this Stove!!

If you want a great deal right now, you cannot do any better than AM/FM stoves with their free shipping and re-furbish discount!.
See >> http://www.amfmenergy.com/49trcpm--multifuel-stove--2200492200.html

Attachments

• 49-TRCPM.jpg
    49-TRCPM.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,131
I agree with Don that the multi fuel feature makes burning pellets a pleasure in most stoves. Never dealth with Englander, but I have 2 multi fuel stoves in my showroom that I love to burn pellets in, just because of how it agitates and handles the ashes.

sb81 said:
Howdy,

Thank you
I can vouch for the PDVC heating better than half of my 2700 sqft home.
It is a great utilitarian stove!

I can't imagine the big box stores selling them for this cheap. I bought a EP from this guy last month and paid $1400 + $125 s/h

http://cgi.ebay.com/Timber-Ridge-55...ltDomain_0&hash=item1e64a9dacc#ht_4759wt_1163

TimberRidge 55-TRP10
http://cgi.ebay.com/TimberRidge-55-...163?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e26a944b

TIMBER RIDGE 49-TRCPM
http://cgi.ebay.com/TIMBER-RIDGE-49...ltDomain_0&hash=item4143c552bf#ht_1006wt_1163

There are others on ebay as well, just gotta look. amfmstoves sells reman englander stoves and has great reviews around here, plus it comes with a full warranty.

Thank you for the replies... I actually really like the look of the multi-fuel even though I would most likely only use wood pellets. The fact that it can go a while in between cleanings is extra gravy.

Does anyone know how the multi-fuel compares to the EP-25 as far as burning pellets goes? I assume they would be pretty similar...

I do like I'm leaning more towards the bigger multi-fuel one as this will be an investment that will save me tons of money over oil.

Thank you also for the comment about the PDVC heating half your 2700 sqft home, it's nice to know I could also go with one of the smaller ones.

Here is imacman's thread on his 10-cpm. Ran well over a ton before cleaning it.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/62598/

One reason I plug the multifuel is they burn longer before cleaning. Another is they except just about any fuel so you can be the picky one and not the stove. If things hit the skids and money gets low? You can go to a lesser grade pellet with far less issues than if you had a standard stove. Owning a multifuel stove with a self cleaning burnpot can be a big plus. I don't push mine much more than 2 weeks before a good cleaning and always do a full clean once every ton. My self cleaning pot keeps it burning more efficiently between cleanings for me. Gives me more time to deal with all the other things that need attending. I have burned just about every pellet in my area to date and I have yet to have a clogged burn pot or backed up chute do to unburnt pellets. I even purchased(atually stole them cheap) some very bad pellets the first year I owned it. My neighbor stove would just go out. He was amazed at how my stove just ran off the whole 20 something bags. Only issue it had was a full ashpan, The stove just purred along!

We'll need to wait a bit on the actual multifuels to catch up. But there will be a day when there will be an acceptable fuel available that rivals wood pellets and saves the owner some cash. Corn was right there until the price soared thru the roof. Presently I have my eye on bamboo. Grows about anywhere and the harvest is yearly. IMHO wood fiber is already heavily taxed and with Europe now dipping into our fiber supply/waste along with our future biomass energy plants entering the picture. Wood pellets will have some supply/demand issues. Just like the ones we older burners saw in the past. Having the multifuel option will assure a warm home if and when it happens! Even if your just burning crappy wood pellets.

Thank you very much... I think I'm sold on the Multi-Fuel! :)

I just bought the Englander PDV-25 (2200 sq. ft.) wood pellet only (not multifuel) on homedepot.com for $1017 with tax, free shipping. I used my home depot credit card and get no interest if paid in full in 1 year. If I had been paying cash, I would have bought 2 $500 home depot gift cards for $480 each on ebay, then paid with those, and saved another $40. As to it's heating ability, I only know what I've read online, which seem to be good reviews.

longlivethejeep said:
I just bought the Englander PDV-25 (2200 sq. ft.) wood pellet only (not multifuel) on homedepot.com for $1017 with tax, free shipping. I used my home depot credit card and get no interest if paid in full in 1 year. If I had been paying cash, I would have bought 2 $500 home depot gift cards for $480 each on ebay, then paid with those, and saved another $40. As to it's heating ability, I only know what I've read online, which seem to be good reviews.

Nothing wrong with a 25-PDV. Pretty Big unit, Pretty Big hopper, and it don't look to shabby either. I have an old one in my shop and I am currently installing one at my Fathers house. I traded an old Timberline Wood stove for his PDV. I had $0 in the Wood stove.

You won't be disappointed in your decision. Going to give you many years of enjoyment and cheap heat (keep it clean).

Attachments

• Dads%2025-PDV.jpg
    Dads%2025-PDV.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 935
Is that price correct for the PDV 25 of 1017$ ?. I just went to Home Dep. site and I see it for 1949.00. Thats a huge difference!!

Grahamin Va - thanks for the reply. are those units the same units as the Englander PDV25??

DRINKSFORALL said:
Is that price correct for the PDV 25 of 1017$ ?. I just went to Home Dep. site and I see it for 1949.00. Thats a huge difference!!

In the "Off Season", they can be had for as little as $600. There is a Forum member here (Forget name) that got one last year for $600. I paid $300 for mine w/ all Pipe and a half ton of pellets. It was used.. Yes. But with a little cleaning and a paint job. It works just fine. Oh and its 16 yrs old and still kicking the heat out. Looks like 1/4 Plate steel. Much more heavy duty than the current models. Its known as a US-25-5670 (Or an old A$$ 25-PDV). The pic from above is the one I got for my Father. Newer w/ Brass trim on the door and louvers down the sides. They are really a great stove. It has a feeding system that is similar to a Harman's Bottom Feed (Under-Fire) System. They are somewhat self cleaning (Depends on how you have it burning/Lower 3 buttons can really mess up your efficiency) and will throw the heat.

There customer support is 2nd to none. Also having a Tech (Head Tech) from Englander as a Forum Member here dont hurt either. You are your own dealer as far as fixing and replacing parts, But they will walk you through. Step by Step.. Cant say anything Bad about them... Oh and they make a Heck of a Woodstove also. Love that 30-NC

Hope this pic does not come out sideways.... Looks like a 25-PDVC, but its not. Just an Old Englander 25-PDV its over 50,000 BTU's.

Attachments

• Ye Old Englander.jpg
    Ye Old Englander.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 902
DRINKSFORALL said:
Grahamin Va - thanks for the reply. are those units the same units as the Englander PDV25??

Yes, they have three different brand names but they are the same.

Www.englanderstoves.com

Timber's Ridge / Summers Heat / Englander.. All one in the same. Again. All good products.

DRINKSFORALL said:

Shipping Method: Basic Home Delivery
---------------
Shipping Address:
----------------
Andrew Rohn
26656 State Hwy 130
Hillpoint
WI 53937 USA

Qty Ordered Product Unit Price Amount
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1 2,200 sq. ft. Pellet Stove $974.00 $974.00
CJ10off100FW22 -$10.00

Merchandise Subtotal $964.00
Shipping $0.00
Estimated Sales Tax $53.02
Order Total $1,017.02

This is my receipt (via e-mail). When I google Home Depot Englander 25 PDV, the price says $1949. But go to the homedepot.com site, and search pellet stove. Or just follow this link: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053 If you're planning on getting one, I would suggest jumping on this deal fast. I'm sure it'll be going back up soon!

imacman said:
Must be a local pricing thing for your area.....I get the $1949 price regardless of how i search the HD site.

This is still the cheapest way to get one....$950 & free shipping. www.amfmenergy.com/55trp22--epa-certified-pellet-stove--2255222200.html

Yes, it's refurbished, but that's done by Mike Holton and his crew at Englander....full factory warranty too.

Did you click on the link I posted? I don't know how it could be a local thing when I ordered it online, and it shipped from somewhere on the East Coast, I believe.

Longlive the jeep and the others thanks for all the GREAT INFO HERE. My house is about 1800 sq ft (cape style w/ 20x20 great roon on rear). This is going to be my first pellet stove. In the "England /Timberidge/summersheat family which stove would be the most bang for the $$. The room its going in is about 14 x12 (typical cape liv. room) so keeping the unit somewhat small (and quiet- tv rm) is important. Opinions??

Regards to all - John

That room is going to cook!!

The stoves you are looking at are not the quietest....but as you stated you'll get the most bang for your buck! AND, Steve's team is Top Notch!

longlivethejeep said:
DRINKSFORALL said:

Shipping Method: Basic Home Delivery
---------------
Shipping Address:
----------------
Andrew Rohn
26656 State Hwy 130
Hillpoint
WI 53937 USA

Qty Ordered Product Unit Price Amount
1 2,200 sq. ft. Pellet Stove $974.00 $974.00
CJ10off100FW22 -$10.00

Merchandise Subtotal $964.00
Shipping $0.00
Estimated Sales Tax $53.02
Order Total $1,017.02

This is my receipt (via e-mail). When I google Home Depot Englander 25 PDV, the price says $1949. But go to the homedepot.com site, and search pellet stove. Or just follow this link: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053 If you're planning on getting one, I would suggest jumping on this deal fast. I'm sure it'll be going back up soon!

If I change my "local store" on the HD site to Wisconsin Dell #4929 it comes up with $974 if I change it back to my local store Williamsburg #4635 I get $1949.

Kind of weird since it will be shipped??

DRINKSFORALL said:
Longlive the jeep and the others thanks for all the GREAT INFO HERE. My house is about 1800 sq ft (cape style w/ 20x20 great roon on rear). This is going to be my first pellet stove. In the "England /Timberidge/summersheat family which stove would be the most bang for the $$. The room its going in is about 14 x12 (typical cape liv. room) so keeping the unit somewhat small (and quiet- tv rm) is important. Opinions??

Regards to all - John

My guess is that the newer EP series stoves will be the quietest, although I can't confirm this from personal experience.

www.englanderstoves.com/25-ep_i.html

If I change my "local store" on the HD site to Wisconsin Dell #4929 it comes up with $974 if I change it back to my local store Williamsburg #4635 I get $1949.

Kind of weird since it will be shipped??[/quote]

That is weird. Well, I guess if we've learned anything today is that anyone looking to buy this stove, make your local store Wisconsin Dells! To be honest, I don't even remember selecting a local store! Maybe it was automatic, though.

Had the same thing happen a few years ago when I was looking for a small Husky chainsaw. Local Lowe's listing said $199 plus shipping charge. Another location said $99 with free shipping. I called the number and told the gal there must be a mistake on the $99. She informed me, snidely, that I was the one that was wrong and did I want to place an order not.

So I ordered two of them. The things were selling for $250 apiece locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.