Englander nc-30 blower rattling

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remmy122

Jan 7, 2011
East NC
Yep, The blower on my NC-30 is rattling. Any one have this problem or know of any solutions? I dont want to pull it out to check (inside my fireplace) but the rattling is getting my nerves.

Thanks for any help!

Mine had a bad bearing from day one and I screwed up and didn't get it replaced because I kept trying to convince myself it was vibration. It finally went south and I just blew it off because I ain't pulling up that liner and lugging that sucker out of the fireplace. I knew it was a potential issue when I put the stove in the fireplace and try to warn people here of it. That is why inserts have the blower mounted on the front.

I now use two seven dollar "personal fans" blowing under it on each side back into the fireplace and will never replace the thing. They do as good a job and they are quiet.

In your case it might just be vibration. Even back in a tight fireplace, can't get tighter than mine, you can reach the screws to tighten them. Failing that, do what car manufacturer's do when they find a rattle too late to fix it. Lay a magnet on it to absorb the vibration.

Status
Not open for further replies.