ENGLANDER NC 30 IS MY CHOICE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernienomoreoil

Sep 30, 2010
Poconos, PA
So here is the latest, I went to home depot and they did not have any NC 30’s in stock so I told the Manager if she can sell me the floor model and she said NO. I explained to her that I have been looking for this stove for a week now, she felt bad for me and decided to sell me the stove. I asked her the price and she said $999.99, I asked for a discount and she said that she could not discount the stove because it is the floor model and they just put it out 2 weeks ago and they sold out on the stock they had (I quote the manager “they are selling like hot cakes”. I looked at the stove and I looked at the manager and I said; the stove has surface scratches and it was missing the manual (I already downloaded it). The manger looked at me and said OK, I will give you 10 % off….So guess what I took it. To make matters better I had a 10% off Movers coupon, so the total price $800.00 for a new Englander 30 during peak season…..Hurray for me….

Now comes the labor, I will be building my raised Hearth in the following order:

2 x 4 wood studs (no R value)
3/4 Plywood (no R value)
1 1/2 inch Metal studs face down for more support (2.14 R value air space)
1 inch cement boards(.52 R value)
1/4 inch Tile (.01 R value)

Total R value 2.67 - a bit over the 1.5 required

Thanks to all for the wonderful feed back on the NC 30 reviews and recommendations, I will be posting pictures on the project is complete.

A special thanks to Brother Bart…..

SO I WENT FROM NC 13, OSBURN 2200 AND THE WINNER IS….......THE NC 30….. BRING IT MR. WINTER!!!!!!!!

Your gonna love that stove!! From my own experience and all the threads I've read here you can't go wrong buying a "too big stove" Lol. Enjoy your nice warm winter.

best of luck to you. I love mine (as you know).

pen

dondude said:
Your gonna love that stove!! From my own experience and all the threads I've read here you can't go wrong buying a "too big stove" Lol. Enjoy your nice warm winter.

It does happen. We get a few folks a year that want to downsize or avoid overheating with a new stove based on past experience. Pen IIRC picked up his 30NC from a fellow that got tired of burning with the windows wide open. This is a serious heat machine.

BeGreen said:
It does happen. We get a few folks a year that want to downsize or avoid overheating with a new stove based on past experience. Pen IIRC picked up his 30NC from a fellow that got tired of burning with the windows wide open. This is a serious heat machine.

One of the Jotul gas stoves I bought in that inventory a few years ago was a GF600 Firelight. When we opened the crate the front casting had been busted in shipping. Tears in my eyes over the lost revenue.

I have thought about putting the castings around the 30 to make it a "gentle giant". But that would be butt ugly so I am just gonna scrap the thing. But two years ago I did put a Day-Glow kero heater inside it out in the shop and have some fun for a couple of days. If fit completely inside it with the gas burner removed.

Ouch, put it on eBay. Better to sell it cheap than to scrap it.

Status
Not open for further replies.