Englander nc13 not drawing outside air?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dukee1

Jan 26, 2010
Islip NY
Fired up the englander nc13 for the first time. It was 50 degrees outside and I had all windows open. Had a small fire going and I shut the door. I had the air lever open all the way and the fire was going out. The wood was seasoned. Called england stove and tech support said it may have not been cold enough out side for the chimney to get a good draft going. This is a new install with sipson dura pipe going straight up. Any sugustons?

I freaked out when my Summit would not start last spring, until I found out it was normal to start a fire in some stoves with the door open.

When it's warmer out you need to establish a good draft and hot chimney with lots of kindling and newspaper. Also may need to crack the door for awhile to give more air.

I had a small break in fire in my stove this morning with no problem at all. I think it was about 65 degrees at the time. There could be a lot of other factors at play besides the outside temp.

How tall is the flue off the stove? Is it straight up or are there 90 deg turns in the pipe?

And how dry is the wood?

Status
Not open for further replies.